Silent Auction Fundraiser, Wed. 3/26, for Shelly Scheyder, South Riding Little River Elementary School Teacher
You are invited….
Silent Auction / Music / Dessert Event
to benefit Shelly Scheyder, a beloved Little River teacher and South Riding resident
Wednesday, March 26th, 7:00 – 9:00 PM, Freedom High School Cafeteria
ALL ARE WELCOME!
Music for the evening provided by P.O.D. Squad DJ Service
For more information, go to www.scheyderfamilyfund.com beginning Friday, February 22, 2008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizers: Julie Ciardiello, Karen Aspinwall, Colleen Borklund, Tess Palao, & Melanie Roukis
Shelly Scheyder, a beloved and devoted second grade teacher at Little River Elementary and South Riding resident, is ill and has been unable to work since October. Despite undergoing a battery of tests ordered by several specialists, none of them has yet been able to diagnose her. Shelly has taught and lived in our community for almost 10 years, and along with her husband Mark, unselfishly devoted some time to missionary work while raising three wonderful children. Shelly and her family now need your help. We would like to raise funds to help defray the cost of her mounting medical bills and seek further diagnosis and possible treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. To help make the auction and dessert event a success, we need donations from local families and businesses.
Here’s how you can help:
- Pass this on to friends, neighbors, family, etc.
- Donate goods or services for the auction; email email@example.com with details about your donation including donor name, item description, and value.
- Want to help but don’t own a business? Create your own auction item. You can make dinner to be delivered to the highest bidder or donate a themed basket that your family or neighbors put together. Donate gift cards or gift certificates to lessons, such as knitting, dance, or tae kwon do; or to local restaurants, businesses, or shops.
- Donate a monetary gift the night of the event, to go directly to the family’s needs or donate to an account set up specifically for this purpose (firstname.lastname@example.org at PayPal.com).
- Donate items or towards items for the dessert event (desserts, napkins, plates, water, etc. (contact Colleen Borklund at email@example.com).
- Volunteer for event preparation and/or at the night of the event (contact Julie Ciardiello @firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Come, bid and have fun!
Check out the website dedicated to this event, including items for bid beginning Friday, February 22, 2008 at www.scheyderfamilyfund.com.
Email the description and value of your contribution to email@example.com so it can be listed on the website.
Items should be dropped off by March 10th, 2008 (contact Melanie Roukis at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Items that are donated after the deadline are welcome, but with no guarantee your name and contribution will be published in the online listing prior to the auction.
All proceeds will go directly to the Scheyder Family Fund.
Any questions? Email email@example.com.
Labels: benefit south-riding teacher